CLICK THE BANNER TO VISIT THE FIX'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The Fix Album Cover

The Fix Album Cover

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Music Consumption:

I listen to music a lot of the time, sometimes when I'm walking to school, on journeys, but mainly on the computer. Since Spotify has come along it has become the first thing I open when I log on. It gives me access to unlimited free streaming of almost any music whenever I want!
However I find that not all music is suitable all the time - it depends on mood. I also tend to go thorugh band 'phases', this is only really noticeable if a band I like have released an album - but I will mainly just listen to that. As a 'muso' I will know all the words in a day or two and really listen to everything going on in each track. I will be very influence in my own music writing by and new sounds or styles I hear, often always wishing that I had been the one to come up with that!I also go to gigs to see bands perform live, and I also perform live myself as part of a band. I think performing live is great for the audience as it's enjoyable and entertaining. It is also beneficial to the band aswell as performing live regularly increases our audience and keeps the excitement up.

For example, for the release of our first album on March 14th, we played a gig for 400 people whos ticket sales made us back the money on the cost of the gig and all the CD production costs. That night we made £600 on album sales alone showing that if people like what they hear live they will buy the album...

No comments:

Post a Comment